Hello hello. It’s been a rough week for so many of us – yet a bloody gain – and the way I’m going to cope with this is by diving into a pool of books. I just had an image of my local swimming pool, and I wonder just how full it would be if I put all my books in it…. Let’s not find out. I quite like my books intact, and not touching tiles covered in bacteria.
Well that was an introduction and a half, let’s try again.
In the week following my Zoladex and Covid 19 jabs, I’ve been sleeping a bit more than normal, but otherwise managing to still make a good attempt at tackling the TBR pile that keeps threatening to topple onto me. It’s great to come back to WWW Wednesday, to look at those three familiar questions:
- What have you recently finished reading?
- What are you currently reading?
- What are you planning on reading next?
What have you recently finished reading?
I read This Lie Will Kill You by Chelsea Pitcher very quickly at the beginning of this week. It was suggested as a book for fans of One Of Us Is Lying, but personally I found it to be more similar to All Your Twisted Secrets. This isn’t a bad thing, as I absolutely adored that when I read it last year! I love a good young adult thriller, and having just finished the Truly Devious trilogy I was keen to enjoy another one; that trio has really left me with a book hangover.
What are you currently reading?
As always, multiple books are on the go here.
- Lore is a book that I’m finding I need to read in small chunks as it rests quite heavily on me. Nevertheless I’m really enjoying this combination of modern New York and Ancient Greece. Brilliantly written and hugely engaging, I’m keen to see where this goes.
- Pride and Premeditation is a book I’m reading ahead of a blog tour next month, which is coming around quicker than it seems. This one really is something special, a combination of historical murder mystery and Jane Austen reimagining. Clever.
- Wilder Girls is my current audiobook. I’ve only just started it but so far the storyline, complimented by a superb narrator, is making for intriguing listening.
What are you planning on reading next?
See this is where it gets complicated… On one hand, I have a lot of ARCs that still need reading, which is fine, I can do that. But I’m also still craving those young adult thrillers that are giving me life and running out of them at a steady pace. Eek!
So that’s my week in reading. Stand by for more posts this week!