Hello hello and welcome or welcome back to my little bookish corner of the internet. Today it’s WWW Wednesday time again!
We’ve hit the middle of the month, but I must admit I’m in a bit of a reading slump. I’ve been really struggling with a variety of symptoms flaring up, and keeping it all in check is proving to be almost all consuming. It’s hard work, being sick sometimes. It feels like a full time job that doesn’t pay. So I’m reading where I can, but doing a lot of sleeping, and I know that sometimes that’s just the way it goes.
WWW Wednesday is all about looking at recent reading habits with three simple questions:
- What have you recently finished reading?
- What are you currently reading?
- What are you planning on reading next?
What have you recently finished reading?
My most recent finished read was Heartstopper: Volume One. I bought this for both myself and my son, but obviously I got in there first. We both managed to read it on Monday, and he promptly requested that I order the second one! The fact he offered to pay for it means he probably gets to read this next one first, but I’ll wrestle it off him pretty quickly. I really wanted to read it before it hits the screens, so I’m glad I’m managed it, and it was one of those quick but feel good reads too. Although we both had a similar facial expression at the ending!
What are you currently reading?
Currently there’s multiple books on the go – are you surprised? If you’ve been around for any of these posts ever before, you will not be!
– Priority zero right now is A Shadow in the Ember! With The War of Two Queens having released this week, I need to get it finished.
– I’m also reading One For All, which I’m absolutely adoring, and is still making me feel wonderfully seen as a disabled person.
– Finally, book three right now is Sexy But Psycho, a non-fiction feminist text that I’m making my way through when I feel well enough. I only started it last night and I’m already full of a huge amount of rage.
What are you planning on reading next?
As mentioned above, I’m really looking forward to reading The War of Two Queens. This is the latest book in the Blood and Ash series, and I’m really excited for it. It’s recommended to read A Shadow in the Ember first so I’m really kicking myself for having not read it before this week, but at least I know my next book is going to be fabulous.
Here’s my reviews of the other Blood and Ash series:
– From Blood and Ash #1
– A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire #2
– The Crown of Gilded Bones #3